- 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded fontina cheese
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 oz crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola
- Black tortilla chips
InstructionsBuffalo Chicken Dip
- Place chicken thighs into pressure cooker with buffalo sauce. Set pressure on high for 20 minutes. Once done cooking, carefully release pressure manually.
- Preheat oven to 375 F while chicken is cooking.
- Shred fontina cheese and sharp cheddar and place in a small mixing bowl.
- Once the chicken is done, carefully pour buffalo chicken and all the sauce into a large mixing bowl. Shred the chicken and stir well to combine.
- Add cream cheese and half of the shredded cheese into the large mixing bowl with the chicken.
- Mix well to combine. Make sure there are no large areas of cream cheese.
- Add buffalo chicken mixture into a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Top with the rest of the shredded cheese. Sprinkle the blue cheese evenly over the top and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Buffalo chicken dip is done when the cheese is melted and the edges are bubbling.
- To make the jack-o-lantern face, take 2 whole tortilla chips and place them for the eyes with the point facing up. Break the tip off a 3rd tortilla chip and place it for the nose.
- To make the mouth, break pieces to form a smile. Break 2 tips off a whole tortilla chip for the teeth.
- Place the chips onto the dip right before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, toasted bread or vegetables.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make shredded buffalo chicken in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- You can replace chicken breasts with chicken thighs but add ¼ cup more buffalo sauce.
- Halloween buffalo chicken dip can be made in a 10 inch round cake pan or pie plate.
- To make ahead: place chicken and cheese mixture in a covered mixing bowl in fridge overnight. When ready for the party, place the mixture in the skillet, top with remaining cheeses and cook. You may need to add a few minutes to cooking time.