These simple cookies mix up quickly with only three ingredients and have no added sugar.
PREP TIME10 MIN
SCOOK TIME18 MINS
TOTAL TIME28 MINS
Servings (adjustable): Calories: 60
Author: Peter | Simple Nourished Living
- 1 small sweet or tart-sweet apple (Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Pink Ladies, Braeburn, etc.) (about 5 ounce – to make 1/2 cup
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional, but highly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner and set aside.
- Wash and dry apple. Can be peeled or left intact – either way is fine. (I didn’t peel mine.)
- Core apple and cut into chunks. Place chunks in small food processor and process until pureed – stopping and scraping the sides as needed. (Puree should resemble raw apple sauce. You’ll need 1/2 cup of it for the recipe.)
- In a medium bowl, add the almond flour. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pureed apple, cinnamon and salt (if using) until thoroughly mixed.
- With a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon), drop mounds of dough on the prepared cookie sheet – leaving at least 2 inches between cookies. Slightly flatten with thumb or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown and centers of cookies are set. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
For best tasting cookies, be sure to use a tart-sweet or sweet apple, such as Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp, Pink Ladies, Braeburn, etc.Be sure to process the apple until it looks like raw apple sauce and the juices are releasing and only use 1/2 cup of it in the recipe so the dough doesn’t end up too wet.)Change up the flavor by substituting the ground cinnamon with pumpkin pie spice, ginger, or cardamom, or adding a tablespoon or two of mini chocolate chips, stirring in a bit of extract (1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1/8 teaspoon of almond)Add a little more sweetness with a couple of teaspoons of your sweetener of choice (brown sugar, coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, truvia, etc.)Serving size: 1 apple almond cookie2*SmartPoints (Green plan)2*SmartPoints (Blue plan)2*SmartPoints (Purple plan)2*PointsPlus (Old plan)Nutrition FactsSugar-Free Almond Apple CookiesAmount Per Serving (1 almond apple cookie)Calories 60Calories from Fat 42% Daily Value*Fat 4.7g7%Carbohydrates 3.7g1%Fiber 1.3g5%Protein 2g4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan’s ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.