So, I’m in love! In love with this tasty self saucing Lemon Pudding! It is both sweet and tangy, with a fluffy sponge sitting on top of a thick creamy lemon sauce. Best of all it is just 4 SmartPoints per portion on Weight Watchers Blue & Purple plans. It is 5 SmartPoints on the WW Green plan.
yield: 4 PEOPLE
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR
- 3.5 tbsp / 50g low fat spread / margarine
- 3 tablespoons sweetener, I used Natvia
- 2 lemons (juice from both, zest from one)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tbsp / 50g all purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 cup / 250 ml skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste, or extract
- 1 tsp icing sugar / powdered sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan /Gas 4 / 350°F.
- Place the low fat spread / margarine, the sweetener and the zest of 1 lemon into a bowl and using a hand held mixer, whisk until just combined.
- Add the lemon juice of both lemons, vanilla paste, egg yolks, flour and milk one by one, whilst continuing to mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Clean your whisk attachment thoroughly.
- In a separate clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they produce soft peaks – when you remove the whisk the peaks will just hold their shape for a second or so before collapsing.
- Gently fold the two mixtures together using a metal spoon.
- Don’t over mix as you want to keep the mixture light and fluffy with as much air left in as possible to get some rise.
- Spoon the mixture into an ovenproof dish ( I used one that measured 7 1/2 inches square).
- Fill a baking tray half full of hot water and place the ovenproof dish in the centre.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 – 50 minutes until the top turns golden brown and has set.
- There will be a creamy lemony sauce below.
- Top with a light dusting of icing / powdered sugar.
Please be aware that the nutritional information below has been automatically generated and does not account for variations in product brands and types, weights of individual ingredients etc. It should therefore be considered as an estimate.
PointedKitchen.com has calculated Weight Watchers Smart Points based on the individual ingredients used to make this recipe and not from the following nutritional information.
PointedKitchen.com is not responsible for any loss or damage relating to your reliance on this nutritional information.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: Quarter of the pudding
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 226TOTAL FAT: 13gSATURATED FAT: 3gUNSATURATED FAT: 0gCHOLESTEROL: 124mgSODIUM: 192mgCARBOHYDRATES: 31gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 6gPROTEIN: 8g