These Easy Taco Cups are delicious, easy to make, are the perfect appetizer, snack or dinner on taco night!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME8 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME18 minutes
- 1 lb. Laura’s Lean 96% ground beef
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 24 wonton wrappers-I use Nasoya wonton wraps
- 6 Tbsp Tostitos cheese con salsa dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet cooked lean ground over medium heat until browned. Drain, if needed. Add taco seasoning and stir to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Coat a regular size 12 cup muffin tin with on stick cooking spray.
- Line each muffin cup with a wonton wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of meat mixture in each wonton wrapper.
- Place another wonton wrapper over the the top of each taco cup, making sure the edges of the wonton wrapper are slightly off-set from the bottom one.
- Add another tablespoon of meat and top with one tablespoon diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or edges are golden. Be sure to keep your eyes on them-the wonton wrappers can burn easy.
- Remove from oven and top each taco cup with 1/2 tablespoon of Tostitos cheese con salsa dip.
- Place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. .
Servings: Makes 12 taco cups
GREEN, BLUE, or PURPLE:GREEN, BLUE, or PURPLE: 2 SmartPoints per taco cup
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (reduced fat or fat free )
- Shredded lettuce
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Black olives, sliced
- You easily substitute the lean ground beef for ground chicken, shredded chicken, or refried beans for a vegetarian option.