These Air Fryer Apple Pie Egg Rolls make for a delicious dessert-packed with a simple homemade cinnamon apple filling, air fried, then dusted with a cinnamon sugar coating! Serve these for a quick and easy dessert, a quick weekend breakfast, or top with a low point vanilla ice cream for a decadent dessert.
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME12 minutes
TOTAL TIME22 minutes
- 2 cups apples or 3 medium apples
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cups zero point granulated white or brown sugar substitute – I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Smucker’s sugar free caramel sauce to drizzle on top, optional. ( 1 Tbsp for 2 PersonalPoints)
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 Tbsp regular sugar or white granulated zero point sweetener. I use regular sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Peel, core and dice apples into bite size pieces.
- Then place cored, peeled, diced apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- Add diced apples, water, sugar substitute, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg into a medium saucepan or 5-quart dutch oven.
- Stir to combine then bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it starts to boil, let it boil for a full two minutes. (this will thicken the sauce)
- Cover and simmer. Stirring often, until apples soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place a two tablespoons of apple mixture just below the center of wrapper.
- Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip and using a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper to itself.
- Repeat steps until all of the wrappers are used.
In batches, arrange egg rolls in a single layer on tray in air-fryer basket; spray the eggs rolls with cooking spray.
- Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn; spray the egg rolls with cooking spray.
Cook until golden brown and crisp, 5-6 minutes longer.
- In a shallow dish combine 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon; stir to combine. Roll and dust each hot egg roll into sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Serve with caramel sauce, if desired.
Serving: Makes 12 egg rolls
2-3 personalpoints each one