PREP TIME10 minutesCOOK TIME25 minutesADDITIONAL TIME1 dayTOTAL TIME1 day 35 minutes
- 1 (16.5 oz.) package Duncan Hines White Cake Mix or (16 oz.) Pillsbury Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 package (.3 oz.) package of sugar free Jell-o
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 whole eggs or 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 oz. lite or sugar free cool whip
- Fresh strawberries or fruit, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, cake mix, 1 cup water, eggs or egg whites, and unsweetened applesauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared 9×13 baking dish.
- Cook for 22-25 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes on the counter. Poke the entire cake all over to create small holes (I use the end of a chopstick or small wooden spoon).
- In a small mixing bowl combine Jell-o and boiling water. Stir until Jell-o is completely dissolved.
- Add cold water. Stir until well combined. Pour Jell-o over the cake slowly ensuring it gets in all of the holes. Cover with plastic wrap or foil.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until the jello sets. The longer it chills the better-overnight is best.
- Remove from fridge and spread cool whip over the top of the chilled cake.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries or fruit! Slice cake into 20 servings-5 rows of 4 servings.
Makes 20 servings
4_7 personalpoints per serving
- Store leftovers in fridge in an airtight container or insert toothpicks into the cake and make a tent with foil.
- This poke cake will stay fresh for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Smartpoints:GREEN/BLUE/ PURPLE: 3 smartpoints per serving if using sugar free cake mix and sugar free Jell-o. 5 smartpoints per serving if using regular Ducan Hines White Cake Mix with sugar free Jell-o. 6 smartpoints per serving if using regular Ducan Hines White Cake Mix with regular Jell-o.