These Weight Watchers Strawberry Banana Muffins are perfectly sweet-packed with fresh strawberries and bananas-let’s be real-who doesn’t love the combination of strawberry and banana? These muffins will be devoured by your entire family!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME18 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME7 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour * see notes for substitutes
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or skim milk, unsweetened coconut or soy)
- 3 Tbsp zero point brown sugar substitute -I use Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 3 Tbsp zero point white granulated sugar sweetener- I use Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, unsweetened almond milk, white and brown sugar sweetener, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour and mix until just combined. Be careful DO NOT over mix the batter-otherwise the texture and taste will be completely off.
- Then fold in the chopped strawberries, mixing until well combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12 muffin cups filling.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 regular size muffins
2 Personal Points for 1 muffin or 2 muffins for 3 Personal Points