3 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast (active dry works best)
1 and 1/2 cups warm water
Dutch oven or large oven safe dish with a lid
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Stir in the water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a shaggy dough. Do not overwork the dough. Not overworking the dough will allow the bread to have more soft, fluffy air pockets.
2. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up and rise. (I let mine rise for about 12 hours overnight, covered in the microwave.)
3. After dough is ready, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Place your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, turn out your dough onto a well-floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest until your Dutch oven is done preheating.
5. After the 30 minutes are up, carefully remove Dutch oven and place the bread dough into it. (You can put a piece of parchment under the dough if your Dutch oven isn’t enamel coated.)
6. Cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes. Carefully remove lid and bake for an additional 7-12 minutes. Remove bread to a cutting board and slice with a bread knife. Slather with butter and enjoy!
Recipe Notes: My loaf was about 600 grams. I cut into 10 slices at approximately 60 grams each for 3 WW Smart Points on all 3 plans- Green, Blue and Purple.