This Skinny Chocolate Zucchini Loaf or Muffins is my favorite way to use up zucchini! This bread is chocolatey, super moist, and extremely delicious-making it the perfect treat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME50 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa-I like to use Great Value unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs or 4 large egg whites, at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup Land O’ Lakes Light Butter made with canola oil, melted or an additional 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup zero point brown sugar sweetener
- 1/2 cup zero point white granulated sugar sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini, packed
- 4 Tbsp or 56 grams no sugar added chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, melted butter, unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract, and brown and white sugar sweetener. Stir until well combined.
- Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don’t overmix.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini until JUST combined.
- Fold in 3 Tbsp or 42 grams of the no sugar added chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon or 14 grams no sugar added chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- LOAF: Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- MUFFINS: Bake for 15-18 minutes, or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges. Remove from pan before slicing.
Servings: Makes 12 slices or 12 regular size muffins
2-3 Personalpoints per slice/muffin
- Wrap leftovers in plastic wrap and on the counter for up to 4 days or in the refrigerator for up 9 days.
- This bread/muffins freezes well. Let the bread or muffins cool the bread completely, wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.