For all the Mcds lovers…. This was 12 points and so worth it! You could do anything different obviously I just had A LOT of points left!
1 1/2 keto bun
4 ozs 93/7 organic meat split into 2 patties- with one egg white in the mix.
1 1/2 slices Velveeta cheese
And cut up onions and lettuce
You can try another recipe for sloppy joes burger
This skinny version of the classic childhood sloppy joe recipe is a hit at all family gatherings! It’s quick, easy, and low in points! Perfect for any day of the week!
- 1 1/2 lbs. 96% lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks or 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves, minced)
- 1 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar or zero point brown sugar substitute to regular brown sugar ( I use Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup or 16 Tbsp no sugar added ketchup
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 low point or low carb buns, for additional points ( I use Great Value hamburger buns for 3 points)
- Spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray. Cook ground beef over medium high heat until it’s brown and no longer pink.
- Drain fat and leave meat in skillet. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add no sugar added ketchup, water, brown sugar substitute, chili powder, dry mustard and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste. Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Let is simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup sloppy joe mixture onto hamburger bun.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to month.
Makes 8 ( 1/2 cup servings)