W/W Fluffy Low-Calorie Bread Recipe:
Yes, this recipe is good for Weight Watchers. Each serving is only 2 Points, which makes it a great low-calorie option for those following the Weight Watchers program. Additionally, the bread is made with whole wheat flour, which is a healthier option than white flour, and it is low in fat and high in fiber.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
– 1 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
– 1 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp sugar
– 1 1/2 cups warm water (110-115°F)
_ 1/2 cups butter
– Cooking spray
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, active dry yeast, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
2. Add the warm water gradually and mix until the dough comes together.
3. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place it in a greased loaf pan.
7. Let the dough rise in the loaf pan for another 30 minutes.
8. Bake the bread for 25-30 minutes or until it’s golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
9. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
10. While the bread is warm coat it with butter.
This recipe makes 16 servings. Each serving is 1 slice of bread.
Each serving is approximately 85 calories, 0.5g fat, 17g carbohydrates, 2.5g protein, and 1.5g fiber.
Each serving is 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.