Now I also love a good sausage roll, when ever my geek and I would walk past a Greggs we would always pop in and pick up some sausage rolls, in fact my geek still does Im just good at resisting the temptation given how synful they are so I was very keen to give this recipe a go..
Ingredients: ( For 6 Sausage Rolls)
- 400g of 5% Pork Mince
- 1.2 of an onion finely chopped
- 1/2 a tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 a tsp of dried sage
- 2 Eggs
- 3 weight Watchers Wraps
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- A large dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 a tsp of mustard powder
Syns: Syn Free for 2 x Sausage Rolls when using the wrap as your Healthy Extra B.
What did I do and how?
- Into a large mixing bowl add the minced pork
- Next dd into the bowl 1 egg, the onion, the thyme, sage, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder
- By hand mix together all of the ingredients in the bowl creating the sausage meat.
- divide the sausage meat into six equal portions and mold into six sausage like shapes
- Spray a baking tray with fry light and place the sausages onto the tray
- Place the tray into the center of a pre heated oven on 200 degrees for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes remove the sausages from the oven and leave to cool enough so that you are able to handle them
- Into a mug break the second egg and beat
- Lay the weight watchers wraps onto a flat surface and brush all over the top with the beaten egg
- Place two of the sausages lined up length ways along the center of the wrap
- Roll the wrap up tightly around the sausages
- Cut the wrap in half so you have 2 sausage rolls
- Once all wrapped place the 6 sausage rolls onto a baking tray
- Brush the sausage rolls with the remaining beaten egg
- Pop the sausage rolls into the center of the oven on 200 for a further 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the over, allow to cool then serve
Well what can I say apart from these sausage rolls are absolutely bloody AMAZING! If you didn’t know otherwise you would assume that the wraps were indeed a pastry, they really are pastry like, they have the taste and texture, they really are lovely. They are perfect for lunch or as a snack or even serves at a social gathering, you really wouldn’t know the difference and the best thing is that you can have two of them for zero syns if you use the wrap as your healthy extra.
*Please note that the listed syn values and Healthy Extra allowances are correct at time of publish and could be subject to change*