This Skinny Lemon Poppyseed Cake tastes like summer! It’s refreshing, perfectly sweet, and absolutely delicious! This Skinny Lemon Poppyseed Cake is made with basic pantry ingredients, low fat buttermilk, fresh lemon juice, and topped with a sweet lemon glaze- perfect dessert for any day of the week!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME50 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME15 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 15 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and leveled)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups zero point white granulated sugar- I use Lakanto baking or classic monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest, about 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup light butter or unsweetened applesauce- I use Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk or 1 cup skim milk mixed with 1 Tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar.
- 1/2 cup regular powdered (confectioners’) sugar or zero point Swerve or Lakanto confectioners’s sugar substitute
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and poppy seeds. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine, white granulated sugar substitute, and lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix until well blended.
- Add the light butter. Using a hand mixer, beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla extract, and eggs. Mix well for about 2 minutes or until batter is smooth.
- Add half the flour mixture to the mixer and mix until well incorporated. Continue to add remaining flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to sit in the bundt pan for 10 minutes before trying to removing it from the pan. (If necessary, run a knife along the sides of the cake, then flip the cake over onto a cake tray.
- To make the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl. Using a hand mixer, mix until well combined. Add more lemon juice if necessary. The glaze should be a thin consistency.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the cooled cake, cut into slices, and enjoy!
Makes: 16 Servings
4-6 PersonalPoints Per Serving