These homemade Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars are easy to make, made with healthy, simple ingredients, perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats-uncooked
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour *see notes for substitution
- 2 Tbsp protein powder-optional. I love using Clean Simple Eats or Devotion Nutrition for added protein and flavor
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter -I use Better’n Peanut Butter Peanut Butter or “Butter my Cup” or “Cookie Batter” American Dream Nut Butters
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup or 42 grams no sugar added chocolate chips- I use ChocZero milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 8×8 pan non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and protein powder, if using. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine, unsweetened applesauce, beaten eggs, honey, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix until combined. Ok
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour and spread mixture into the prepared pan. The batter may appear to be a bit thick!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool before cutting bars. Cut 5 vertical rows by 2 horizontal rows to get 10 even bars.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 3 days or the in fridge for up to a week.
Makes 10 Bars
2-3 Personal Points per bar