- 2 packages of the Mission White Corn Tortillas, super size
- 1 ( 16 oz. ) can of fat free refried beans
- 1 (20 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp diced olives
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles
- 1 pound 96% ground lean beef or 99% ground turkey
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese ( I use Trader Joe’s lite 3 cheese blend)
- 1/2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large skillet pan with non stick cooking spray. Cook ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add taco seasoning and 2 tsp of water and reduce heat to low for 60 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, refried beans, green chiles and cooked ground beef. Stir until well combined.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish or 2 ( 8 x 8) baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- If you prefer the tortilla crispy, then you will want to first cook tortillas in a skillet, sprayed with non stick cooking spray for 1-2 over medium heat on each side.
- Then top each tortilla with 1/4 cup of beef mixture. Roll up and place seam down in prepared baking dish.
- IIf you use two (8 x 8 ) baking dishes-you will add 7 enchiladas per dish.
- Repeat for all 14 tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of sauce.Add diced olives.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Makes 14 enchiladas
3 Points® per enchilada
- Source” Thepounddropper.com