This Lightened Up Hamburger Casserole make for the best comfort dinner! This hamburger casserole is lightened up using Laura’s 96% Lean Ground Beef-covered with a reduced fat dough sheet, topped with lettuce, cheese, tomato, and then drizzled with a tasty homemade hamburger dressing! It’s sure to be a family favorite!
PREP TIME20 minutes
COOK TIME30 minutes
TOTAL TIME50 minutes
- 1 1/2 lb. pounds 96/4 Laura’s Lean ground beef or 99% ground turkey
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup no sugar added ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ( 13.8 oz.) can Great Value refrigerated pizza crust for a thicker crust or 1 (8 oz.) can Great Value or Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls for a thinner crust
- 1/2 cup light or fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg + 1 Tbsp water, whisked together
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 13 x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions, until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well and return skillet to heat.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, chopped pickles, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir well to combine and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour beef mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll pizza or crescent dough; press into rectangle. Place on top of meat mixture. Brush with the top of the dough with the egg wash and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Cut into 8 even squares.
- Garnish with your favorite hamburger toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and pickles. Drizzle with my skinny hamburger sauce, if desired.
Makes 8 Servings
5-7 Personal Points Per Serving
Skinny Hamburger Sauce:
1/2 cup Light Mayo Best Foods or Light Kraft Mayo
1/2 cup non fat Greek or plain yogurt
6 Tbsp NO SUGAR ADDED HEINZ KETCHUP
2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp white onion, minced
2 tsp sugar or LAKANTO MONKFRUIT CLASSIC SWEETENER
1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp WHITE VINEGAR
dash of salt
Using a small bowl or a FOOD PROCESSOR (I recommend using a food processor for a smoother texture) whisk or blend the light mayonnaise, white vinegar, fat plain or Greek yogurt, no added sugar ketchup, salt, water, sweet pickle relish, minced white onion, and sugar, until your desired consistency.
Pour into a dressing container or an airtight container.
Put dressing in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Smartpoints: GREEN/BLUE/PURPLE: 7 smartpoints per serving if using 13.8 oz Great Value pizza refrigerated dough or 6 smartpoints per serving if use 8 oz. reduced fat crescent refrigerated dough