These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are perfect year round. Easy to make and absolutely delicious and can be served for breakfast or as a dessert!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME16 minutes
TOTAL TIME26 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 tsp lemon extract (definitely recommend this, it adds the best flavor)
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp land o’ lakes light butter or any light butter (melted) or you can use unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (I use Splenda or Stevia)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 3 Tbsp Pillsbury sugar free Vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, water, eggs, extract, lemon zest and juice, and greek yogurt. Add self rising flour to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in poppyseeds.
- Spray a 12 muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or use muffin liners. Fill muffin about 1/2 full with muffin batter.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before icing.
- Once cooled, melt 3 Tbsp of sugar free frosting in a microwaveable bowl, and then evenly drizzle over each muffin.
Servings: Makes 12 Muffins/ 2 Freestyle Smartpoints for one muffin
- It’s recommended to wait until they a full cooled before removing the muffins from the tin or liners