prep time: 10 MINS
cook time: 20 MINS
total time: 30 MINS
These lightened up Fudgy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies deliver rich chocolate flavor with a pumpkin spice twist!
yield: 9 SERVINGS
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mist an 8×8 square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk together until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree and applesauce and stir until smoothly combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until smoothly combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top and place in the heated oven. Bake for 20-24 minutes (mine were perfect at 22, but all ovens are a little different) until a toothpick inserted comes out with a bit of crumbs stuck on it (you don’t want it fully goopy or fully clean). Allow the brownies to cool and set for 20 minutes before cutting into nine equal pieces.
WW Points per brownie: 4
To view your WW Points for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site,
Nutrition Information per brownie:97 calories, 19 g carbs, 11 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 3 g fiber, 75 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:3 per brownie (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Adapted from Cooking Light
author: EMILY BITES
keyword: LIGHTER BROWNIES, PUMPKIN BROWNIES, WW DESSERT