This Easy One Pan Chicken Marsala is lighter version of Olive Garden’s-the savory flavor of seasoned chicken breasts coated in a homemade marsala wine sauce and packed with fresh sliced mushrooms makes this dish irresistibly delicious!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME20 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME5 minutes
TOTAL TIME5 minutes
- 4 (4 oz.) skinless, boneless thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour, you can use gluten free if needed
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a shallow bowl combine flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir until well incorporated.
- Dredge each chicken breast with the seasoned flour mixture. Repeat until all four chicken breasts are coated.
- In a large skillet melt one tablespoon of butter in the pan
- Place the flour-dusted chicken in the skillet, shaking off any excess flour.
- Cook chicken until the chicken is golden, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of light butter to the same skillet and add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more. Add chicken broth, Marsala, fat free half and half, thyme, parsley, and 1 Tbsp cornstarch.
- Using a rubber spatula to scrape any brown bits from the pan into the liquid. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and gently boil, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by about half, slightly thickened, and darker in color, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Reduce the heat and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is warmed through and the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, parsley or rosemary.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Makes 4(1 chicken breast with 1/4 cup sauce) servings
4 Points per serving