These Easy Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danishes are made easy-using Crescent rolls, reduced fat cream cheese, sugar free fruit preserves, and then topped with icing drizzle!! These make for an easy and delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME12 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME8 minutes
TOTAL TIME30 minutes
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature.
- 2 Tbsp zero point white granulated sugar sweetener
- 2 tsp lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest, about 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 tsp sugar free preserves or 1/4 cup berries mixed 1 tbsp zero point white granulated sugar sweetener
- 1 ( 8 oz.) reduced fat crescent roll package- I use Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 egg yolk+ 1 tsp water, for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp Pillsbury sugar free vanilla frosting, melted or 2 Tbsp regular powdered sugar or zero point powdered sugar sweetener and 1 tsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.In a large mixing bowl combine, light cream cheese, sweetener, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract and using a hand mixer, beat until creamy.
- Open crescent roll package. Keep the crescent rolls in the tube shaped. Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into even 8 slices.
- Place each slice between your hands and press down making a 2-inch circle. Place dough circles on prepared baking sheet down.
- Using your thumb or back of a small spoon, make an indentation in center of each danish.
- Spread a 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture inside the indentation of each danish. Add 1 tsp sugar free preserves on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 egg yolk with 1 teaspoon water.
- Using a pastry brush; brush the edges of the danishes with the egg wash.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the sugar free frosting or mix the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Remove the danishes from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dip a fork into icing and swizzle on top of each danish.
Makes 8 Danishes
5 Points for 1 danish