Egg Roll lovers, this Air Fryer Egg Roll Recipe is for you! Crispy, crunchy outside, tender filling inside, without the extra fat of frying or drying out from oven cooking. These are what you have been waiting for!
Yes, this has a long ingredient list, but you will need it for these egg rolls. They all combine to create that amazing restaurant worthy taste. All of these ingredients can usually be found at your local grocery store in their asian aisle and produce sections.
- Vegetable Oil: For sautéing
- Garlic: Minced fresh garlic
- Ginger: Fresh minced
- Celery: Chopped
- Coleslaw Mix: Look for this near the packaged salads
- Ground Chicken: You can find ground chicken near the ground beef.
- Oyster Sauce: Adds incredible authentic flavor.
- Soy Sauce: Helps create a umami flavor.
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Adds richness
- Sriracha: Adds that spicy kick.
- Green Onions: Thinly sliced
- Egg Roll Wrappers: You can find these in the produce section with the tofu.
- Olive Oil Spray: This is just to help crisp the egg rolls.
With all those spectacular flavors these actually come together easily. The hardest part might be rolling the egg rolls themselves, but check out the pictures for step by step instructions. It’s actually super easy.
- Sauté: Heat oil in a pan and stir fry garlic, ginger, celery till fragrant.
- Cook: Pour in the coleslaw mix and cook till the cabbage is wilted.
- Stir Fry: Add the ground chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and sriracha. Stir fry the chicken while breaking it up for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove: Once the chicken is cooked and there is no liquid left in the pan, stir in the green onions and remove from stove.
- Wrap: To wrap the egg rolls, place the egg roll wrapper so that one corner is towards you. Place a tablespoon of filling in the bottom half (towards you) and wrap that corner over the filling. Turn both sides over the wrapper and then continue rolling away from you (like a burrito), till you reach the end. Seal the edges with some water or a beaten egg. Repeat till all the wrappers are made.
- Air Fry: Spray the basket of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place the egg rolls in the basket and lightly spray the tops of the egg rolls with the olive oil spray. Cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Then flip the egg rolls and cook for an additional 6 minutes.
- Source: therecipecritic. com