These Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are insanely thick, soft, and chewy, and make for the BEST low point cookie-I guarantee EVERY cookie lover will LOVE these!!
PREP TIME8 minutes
COOK TIME12 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME30 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup light butter, softened- I use Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 3/4 cup zero point brown sugar sweetener- I use Lakanto Golden sugar sweetener
- 1/4 cup zero point white sugar sweetener- I use Lakanto monkfruit Classic or Baking sweetener
- 1 (1 oz.) package sugar free instant vanilla, cheesecake, or white chocolate pudding mix
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup or 4 oz. sugar free chocolate chips- I like to use ChocZero milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two to three baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream butter and white and brown sugar sweeteners.
- Add in the pudding mix and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and turn the mixer on low so the flour doesn’t get everywhere.
- Gradually turn the mixer up to high and mix until combined. Be careful you don’t want to over mix the cookie dough. As soon as the flour mixture is mixed, stop. Otherwise you will end up with hard cookies.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and repeat until dough is just combined.
- Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and stir well until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Drop rounded balls of dough onto prepared baking sheets using a Tablespoon or a medium cookie scoop (about 1.5-tablespoons), leaving about 2-3 inches between each cookie.
- Then add a few more chocolate chips to the tops of the cookies right using up the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cookies start to brown around the edges. Remove from oven. Cookies will appear undone but will continue to bake on the hot baking sheet.
- Let them cool on the sheet for 2-5 minutes and then remove to wire racks.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze cookies for up to a month.