This Skinny Chili Cheese Dog Casserole is super easy to make and requires just 5 ingredients! This casserole combines two comfort food favorites-chili and hotdogs! It’s definitely a crowd pleaser!
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME45 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME7 minutes
TOTAL TIME57 minutes
- 2 (15 oz) cans Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans or 3 1/2 cups of my Zero Point Crockpot Chili
- 6 Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded (I use Velveeta Shreds)
- 6 Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine chili and minced onion. Mix until well combined.
- Spread 2 cups of the chili mixture at the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover each hotdog with a crescent roll and place in baking dish, top the covered hot dogs with chili mixture.
- Spread remaining chili evenly over hotdogs and top the casserole with reduced fat cheddar cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 40-45 minutes or until throughly cooked and cheese is bubbly.
Makes 6 (1 chill dog with 1/2 cup with chili) serving 5_8 Personal Points per serving
Can I use the Two Ingredient Dough in place of the reduced fat crescent rolls?
Yes. You can use the two ingredient dough as a substitute for the reduced fat crescent rolls. Mix 1 cup self rising flour and 3/4-1 cup non fat Greek yogurt ( the thicker the better) together in a bowl; transfer to a floured work surface and knead dough. Add a bit more flour as needed to keep dough from being too sticky, for 3-5 minutes. Roll dough on floured surface and cut into 6 dough strips. Then roll up each hot dog with one dough strip.
Can I use Zero Point Crockpot Turkey Chili instead of canned Turkey Chili?
Yes, here’s the recipe for my Zero Point Crockpot Chili:
1 pound 99% ground turkey
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 can ( 14 oz) diced tomatoes
2 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups water
1 Tbsp chili seasoning powder
1/2 tsp of cumin
Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add ground turkey, onion and garlic powder and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the meat is completely browned. Drain and transfer the cooked ground turkey to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
Smartpoints: GREEN: 8 smart points per serving if using canned turkey chili or my zero point crockpot chili and reduced fat crescent rolls or 7 smart points per serving if using either chili option and the two ingredient dough.
BLUE /PURPLE: 8 Smartpoints if using reduced fat crescent rolls and canned turkey chili beans, 5 smart points per serving if using my zero point chili recipe and reduced fat crescent rolls, 6 Smartpoints if using canned turkey chili and two ingredient dough, or 4 Smartpoints per serving if using two ingredient dough and my zero point chili recipe