Chicken philly croissant loafAuthor: DrizzlePrep time: 15 minsCook time: 27 minsTotal time: 42 minsServes: 8 Ingredients
- 1 package pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1.5 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ½ cup ranch dressing *I used my zero point ranch dressing, linked in opening write up
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 3 slices light provolone cheese *see picture, any light cheese will work
- 1 egg with a Tbsp of water for an egg wash
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and lightly spray.
- In a bowl mix together the shredded cooked chicken, pepper, onion, salt & pepper and ranch dressing. *I cook my chicken breast in a crockpot, on high with some chicken broth for approx 3-4 hours then shredd with forks
- Lay out the crescent roll dough on your cookie sheet and pinch together any open seems. Using a pizza cutter you want to cut lines all the way down (even on each side) so you can braid the loaf, leaving the middle uncut for your filling (see picture above)
- Place your chicken mixture on your croissant dough filling the middle from the top to the bottom, break cheese slices in half and lay on top of the chicken mixture, then using the cut sides braid the bread to seal it closed, be sure to seal any open seemed pieces of dough. Brush egg wash on bread.
- Bake in the oven for 27 minutes or until a golden brown.
- Cut into 8 equal servings, I cut in the center, then cut the two pieces in the center and repeat, giving you 8 equal portions.
- Serve immediantly, store any leftovers in the fridge, it will freeze well.
- *Note- by using my zero point ranch dressing recipe and the light provolone (3SP for 3 slices) I was able to keep points down.
NotesFreestyle SP- 4 (blue & purple) using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- 5 (green) using SP calculator
Points PLus- 5 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories.. 188..Fat 6.5g..Sat fat 2.1g…Carbs 15.3g…Fiber 0.3g..Sugar 4.2g…Protein 19.7g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients if using these numbers in a WW calculator you may get a different point value