This Caprese Chicken Pasta Salad is fresh, flavorful and delicious! This Caprese Pasta Chicken Salad has everything you love in a Caprese salad-along with pasta and cooked chicken-then seasoned with Italian seasonings, salt, pepper, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar! It’s a REAL winner in my book!
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME2 hours 1 second
TOTAL TIME2 hours 25 minutes 1 second
- 12 oz. pasta – short pasta such as penne, farfalle, fusilli or rotini or Fiber Gourmet Pasta
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella-I like to use the small fresh mozzarella balls or dice fresh mozzarella into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tsp Balsamic glaze, garnish
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar or regular balsamic vinegar would also work
- 2 tsp sugar or zero point white granulated sugar sweetener* points are the same regardless of which one you use
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with salt. Add the pasta and cook just until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Then set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, sugar or sweetener, garlic clove, salt, pepper, thyme, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, tomatoes, basil, chicken, and mozzarella.
- Pour the dressing into the pasta mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. Remove from fridge. Stir pasta salad after it’s chilled to ensure the dressing is well absorbed.
- Then right before serving drizzle the pasta salad with balsamic glaze for added deliciousness!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Makes 8(1 and 1/4 cup) servings
2-7 Personal Points Per Serving