Prep time: 20 minsCook time: 26 minsTotal time: 46 mins serves: 6 4SP blue & purple, 5SP green/4PP
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup non fat plain greek yogurt (for best results I like to use just under 1 cup)
- 1 cup (4oz) cooked shredded chicken
- 2 oz light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (I used my zero point recipe linked above in write up)
- 2 Tbsp Frank’s hot sauce
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded cheese, I used Trader Joe’s 3 cheese blend
- Egg whites for brushing
- Little extra flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- First make your 2 ingredient dough, mix your flour with your greek yogurt, for best results I use just a little less yogurt than flour. Knead dough together and shape into 2 balls, then divide those 2 balls into 3 balls each, I weighed mine out and each ball of dough was 2.2oz (so you need 6 balls weighing approx 2.2oz each)
- Now make your filling by mixing together your chicken, cream cheese, ranch, shredded cheese and hot sauce.
- Dust your work surface with a little flour and roll each dough ball out, use a rolling pin if needed, I found it best to use it.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of filling onto your rolled out dough, fold dough over forming a pocket and then use a fork to seal ends shut, also use the fork to poke some holes in the middle of your finished empanada. Repeat with remaining dough balls
- Place empanadas onto the baking sheet and brush with egg whites.
- Bake in the oven for 26 minutes or until golden brown, remove from oven and serve warm.
- These will freeze well, store any leftovers in the fridge.
NotesFreestyle SP- (blue & purple) 4 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- (green) 5 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info… Calories 168…Fat 3.6g…Sat fat 2g…Carbs 16.8g…Fiber 0.7g…Sugar 1.9g…Protein 13.9g.. Using My Fitness Pal