BANANA NUT BREAD
4 Freestyle Points 104 CaloriesPREP TIME:20 minsCOOK TIME:50 minsTOTAL TIME:1 hr 10 minsYIELD:26SLICES (MAKES 2 LOAVES)COURSE:Breakfast, Brunch, DessertCUISINE:AmericanThis super moist, banana nut bread recipe is insanely delicious and healthier than most because it uses less butter, oil and sugar than most recipes.
- 7 ripe medium bananas, 22 oz (2 2/3 cup) mashed chunky with fork
- 1/2 cup 4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 2-1/2 cups 13.5 ounces unbleached all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter, 2 oz, softened
- 1 cup (6 1/2 oz) light brown sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 oz 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 8×5 inch loaf pans with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, add another 1/3 of the flour and blend at low speed, add remaining 1/3 of flour mixture and the bananas and blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pans and bake on the center rack for 50 to 52 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
- Serving: 1slice, Calories: 104kcal, Carbohydrates: 19.5g, Protein: 1.5g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 100mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10.5gFreestyle Points:4Points: +3
- Recipe by skinnytaste edit by : freestyleinkitchen