3-4PP, 4SP blue, green & purple/4PP per 1 cup serving
PREP TIME15 mins
COOK TIME3 hrs 30 mins
TOTAL TIME3 hrs 45 mins
- 1 lb fat free ground chicken weighed raw
- 3 cups frozen hash browns *I linked to the ones I use in my opening write up
- 1.5 cups chopped carrots
- 1.5 cups diced onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp basil
- 6 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese any kind will do
- 2 Tbsp light butter *I use Gay Lea check your local grocery store they usually carry a brand
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk *I used skim
- Cook your ground chicken in a pan on the stove and drain. Add chicken, hash browns, carrots, onions, chicken broth, salt & pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and basil to the crock pot, stir well and cook on high for 3 hours, or low 6 hours.
- About 15 minutes before the cooking time is up you can make your roux that you will add to the soup *you can also cook your bacon at this time if you have not already.
- In a pan over med-low heat on the stove melt your butter, add flour and stir..slowly whisk in milk. Stir continuously for about 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens. Once sauce is a creamy texture add to your crock pot. Then stir in cheese and crumbled cooked bacon.
- Let cook another 20 minutes to melt all the cheese.
- Soup makes 12- 1 cup servings
- *Feel free to add in some celery, I choose not to as I am not a fan, if you do then maybe add a little extra broth.. Soup will freeze well, store in the fridge for a few days.
Personal Points- 3-4 depending on your 0PP foods
Freestyle SP- 4 using WW recipe builder (blue, green & purple) Points Plus- 4 using PP calculatorNutritional info per serving… Calories 156…Fat 5.4g…Sat fat 1.4g…Carbs 14.6g…Fiber 1.5g..Sugar 2.9g…Protein 13.6g using My Fitness Pal *Note- these numbers include all ingredients, old SP/PP values were figured out before adding the veggies to the ingredient list