These tasty Churros have just 1 Point each! They’re amazing little treats to dip into various sweet sauces – just remember to add on the Points of whatever you choose, or just enjoy them as they are!
|32 Servings||Prep Time||Cooking Time|
|Churros||10 minutes||40 minutes|
|23kcal||1Smart Points (Flex/Freestyle)||1Syns|
- For the Churros
- 100 grams Self Raising Flour (For 18 syns)
- 100 grams Flora Light (For 14 syns)
- 200 ml Water
- 2 tbs Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 large Egg
- For the cinnamon sugar
- 1 tbs Granulated Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. In a saucepan on medium-high heat, melt the Flora light, granulated sweetener, salt, and water together until boiling.
- Take the pan off the heat and beat in the flour until the mixture forms a ball – this can take about 5 minutes and is hard work on the arms! Mix in the egg until the mixture is glossy.
- Add the mixture into a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe 32 churros. Bake for 40 minutes until risen and crisp.
- When cooked, turn the churros over on the baking tray. Put back into the warm oven for 10 minutes with the door ajar to dry them out and help them to crisp up.
- In a bowl, mix together the granulated sweetener and cinnamon for the sugar coating.
- Whilst still warm, spray lightly with Frylight and toss in the sugar coating. Enjoy warm!