PREP TIME:15 minsCOOK TIME:15 minsTOTAL TIME:30 minsYIELD:4 SERVINGS
COURSE:Dinner, LunchCUISINE:AsianThis quick and easy wonton soup is super simple, loaded with veggies and takes under 15 minutes to make thanks to the frozen wontons.
- 6 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1- inch piece fresh ginger, sliced thin
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 20 mini frozen wontons, I love the Chicken Cilantro one’s from Trader Joe’s
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 4 baby bok choy, halved lengthwise and halved
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- scallions, sliced green parts only for garnish
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot.
- Smash the sliced ginger with the side of a knife to bring out the flavor and add to the pot with the garlic, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the bok choy and partially cook 5 minutes, then add the frozen wontons and mushroom, simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the wontons are heated through and bok choy is tender and wilted.
- Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Divide soup in four bowls. Garnish with fresh scallions.
Serving: 11/2 cup (generous), Calories: 136kcal, Carbohydrates: 22.5g, Protein: 9g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 6.5mg, Sodium: 1218mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 5gBlue Smart Points:2Green Smart Points:2Purple Smart Points:2KEYWORDS:easy wonton soup, trader joes wontons, wonton soup