Big Mac Sloppy Joes combine an American staple to one of the most popular fast food hamburgers-the Big Mac!! These Big Mac Sloppy Joe’s are loaded lean ground beef, onions, pickles, and cheddar cheese and then tossed in a copycat Skinny Big Mac Sauce!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME8 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME30 minutes
TOTAL TIME48 minutes
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. 96% lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 medium white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hamburger pickle chips, chopped
- 8 Tbsp or 1/2 cup homemade Skinny Big Mac Sauce or low point thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup Velveeta shreds or fat free cheddar cheese
- Start by making the skinny Big Mac sauce. Place sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes while making the sloppy joe mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay the hamburger bun or buns in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake until the buns are lightly toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large skillet with non stick cooking spray. Cook ground beef over medium-high heat. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble beef as it cooks.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked drain the grease from the pan and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the diced pickles, diced onions, Velveeta shreds, and 1/2 cup Skinny Big Mac sauce into the ground beef mixture in the skillet. (you’ll have leftovers of the Big Mac sauce which you can save for dipping or serving)
- Cook and stir for a minute or until ingredients are heated and cheese has melted. Remove from heat.
- Assemble Sloppy Joes by adding a tablespoon or two of Skinny Big Mac Sauce on the bottom of bun.
- Top with shredded lettuce and a slice of velveeta cheese over the lettuce.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Big Mac Sloppy Joe mixture on top. Add a few pickles and/or additional sauce if desired.
- Then add the top bun to finish things off. Enjoy!
Makes 8 ( 1/2 cup) servings of sloppy joe mixture
4 PersonalPoints™ per serving*
The point value is for the sloppy joe mix only the Skinny Big Mac Sauce. Keep in mind the point values may vary depending on what brand of buns and cheese you use.