As a longtime lifetime WW and muffin lover, these light and healthy Kodiak Cakes Muffins are a new favorite. They help me indulge my cravings while staying on track. They are slightly sweet and satisfying, keeping me full for hours.
PREP TIME10 MINS
COOK TIME20 MINS
TOTAL TIME30 MINS
Servings (adjustable): 12
- ▢1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3)
- ▢2 large eggs
- ▢½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ▢¼ cup skim milk
- ▢2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ▢1-¾ cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- ▢1-½ teaspoons baking powder
Optional Additions & Toppings:
- ▢Sprinkles, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, raisins, Craisins, grated carrots, shredded coconut (Adjust WW Points accordingly)
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a regular 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Or you can line your muffin tin with muffin/cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, applesauce, milk and brown sugar.
- Add the Kodiak Cakes mix, baking powder and any optional additions and stir just until blended.
- Divide the batter evenly between your 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of your muffins evenly with any optional additions, if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean or only slightly moist, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. You may need to run a sharp knife around the muffins to release them from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container.
This is a great basic recipe that can be modified all kinds of ways:
Different Kodiak Cakes Flavor: I opt for the original buttermilk but there are lots more options including gluten free, chocolate chip, dark chocolate, peanut butter, strawberry chocolate chip, almond poppy seed and cinnamon oat.
Without bananas: Use applesauce instead.
Different milk: the recipe calls for skim milk. Any of the dairy-free milks would work instead.
More flavoring options: vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest would all be nice.
Serving size: 1 muffinClick here to see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site
.2*SmartPoints (Green plan)
2*SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2*SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3*PointsPlus (Old plan)