15 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can sweet corn kernels, drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can chicken breast, drained and shredded
- 1/2 (15 oz.) can green enchilada sauce (or 1, 10 oz. can)
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14 oz.) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Garnish options: sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado
- Place pinto beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles and chicken broth in a large stock pot over medium-high.
- Stir in taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder, then add salt and pepper, if desired. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve hot, garnished with sour cream, tortilla strips and avocado. Enjoy