This Tex Mex Tater Tot Casserole recipe is on repeat at our house year round. This tater tot casserole is packed with lean ground beef, black beans, corn, green chilies, diced tomatoes, then covered in a red enchilada sauce and topped with crispy tater tots! It’s simple to make and perfect for those busy weeknights!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME35 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME55 minutes
- 1 lb. 96% lean ground beef-you could also use ground turkey or chicken.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 ( 4 oz.) can green chiles
- 1 ( 15 oz.) crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 ( 15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ( 12 oz.) bag frozen corn
- 1 ( 10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups ( or about 20 oz.) frozen tater tots
- Cilantro, optional garnish-finely chopped
- Green onions, optional garnish-chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the ground beef and the onion to a 12-inch skillet, brown meat until thoroughly cooked. Drain off excess fat and return to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning, green chiles, black beans, frozen corn, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce.
- Stir until well combined. Cook for another two minutes so the flavors can marinate.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly. Place tater tots evenly over top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving,
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, if desired. Top with non fat Greek yogurt or sour cream, for additional points.
Makes 8( 1 cup) serving
6 Points per serving