Recipe type: Baking
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Serves: 10 3SP blue & purple, 4SP green, 3PP
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup milk *I used 1%
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice *1 large orange should produce enough
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp orange zest *zest of 1 large orange
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 37g (about ¼ cup) lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular 9×5 loaf pan with some cooking spray
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and mix in the brown sugar. Add in the apple sauce, milk, orange juice and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and orange zest and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 2, in one bowl add the cocoa powder and stir well and in the other bowl fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour half of the chococlate chip batter into the loaf pan, then top with ⅔ of the cocoa powder batter, using a knife swirl the two batters together, top with remaining chocolate chip batter and then the remaining cocoa powder batter and swirl again.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, let cool then cut into 10 equal servings
- The loaf is best stored in the fridge after day 1 and it will freeze well.
Smart Points- Blue & purple- 3 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- green- 4 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving…. Calories 115…Fat 2.7g….Sat fat 1.1g…Carbs 18.6g…Fiber 1g…Sugar 3.8g…Protein 4g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients even any zero point foods