This Lightened Up Copycat Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken is drool-worthy delicious! Now you can enjoy a lightened up version of the famous Alice Springs Chicken served at Outback right at home!
PREP TIME15 minutes
COOK TIME25 minutes
TOTAL TIME40 minutes
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless skinless chicken cutlets or chicken breasts-pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 center cut bacon slices
- 1 1/2 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp Light Kraft Mayo or non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried onion powder
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese blend ( I use Trader Joe’s lite three cheese blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish or oven-safe skillet with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Season the chicken cutlets with seasoning salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the refrigerator, cook bacon in the prepared oven-safe skillet or in a large skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside. Do not discard grease.
- Saute chicken in the same skillet for 5-6 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- Place chicken in prepared baking dish or if you’re using a oven-safe skillet you can just set aside the chicken in the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and dried onion powder.
- Crumble the cooked bacon into pieces and smother honey mustard mixture over each piece of chicken, then layer with mushrooms, crumbled bacon, and 2 Tbsp shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is throughly cooked.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with leftover honey mustard sauce, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
6-9 PersonalPoints™ per serving
*This number shows the PersonalPoints™ range. The points will vary based on your individualized plan.