PREP TIME30 mins
COOK TIME10 mins
TOTAL TIME45 mins
- ▢2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ▢4 chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- ▢1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- ▢2 cups broth
- ▢1 Tablespoon peanut butter optional
- ▢1/2 cup sweet chili Thai sauce
- ▢3 Tablespoons soy sauce – to taste
- ▢1/2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- ▢1/2 Tablespoon ginger minced
- ▢1/2 Tablespoon garlic minced
- ▢1 teaspoon lime juice
- ▢1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce
- ▢Cilantro optional garnish
- ▢Shredded zucchini optional garnish
- ▢Shredded carrots optional garnish
- ▢Bean sprouts optional garnish
- ▢Peanuts optional garnish
- Select the saute setting on your instant pot and add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on either side to seal in their juices. Remove to a glass baking dish (and turn off the instant pot).
- Mix the sweet chili Thai sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, sriracha (and peanut butter if you want to include it) together.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and stir to combine.
- Place the rice in your Instant Pot and add the chicken and sauce over top.
- Add the broth and secure the lid.
- Select the manual pressure setting (high) and set the timer to 10 minutes. Natural release.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and then mix with the rice before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro, shredded veggies and peanuts. Serve with extra soy sauce to taste.
Weight Watchers Freestyle = 7 Points Per Serving with 4 Servings, Skipping Peanut Butter