0 Freestyle Points 211 Calories
PREP TIME:5 mins | COOK TIME:25 mins |TOTAL TIME:45 mins | YIELD:10SERVINGS
Taco Chili, made with chicken, beans, corn, and tomatoes seasoned with taco seasoning is one of my most popular slow cooker recipes, which I just remade for Instant Pot after several requests! This recipe couldn’t be easier, made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- olive oil spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans, not drained
- 1 15.5-oz can kidney beans, not drained
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (Rotel)
- 24 oz 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounce can be chopped green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade, see below
For the taco seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Press saute and spray the insert with oil, add the onion and stir, cooking until soft and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Press cancel to prevent getting a burn notice, then deglaze the pot with 1/4 cup water.
- Add the chicken and season both sides with half of the taco seasoning.
- Add the beans, corn, green chilies, then finish with the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup water plus the remaining taco seasonings and gently stir without moving the chicken.
- Cover and cook high pressure 25 minutes. Natural release, then remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and mix to combine.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve. Makes about 11 cups.
Serving: 1generous cup, Calories: 211kcal, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 50mg, Sodium: 623mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 4.5gFreestyle Points:0Points: +5