yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep: 20MINUTES MINUTES
cook: 10MINUTES MINUTES
total: 30MINUTES MINUTES
Easy, portable salads that can be made ahead for the week – they stay fresh so you never have a soggy salad again!
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup grapes
FOR THE CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, optional
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, Greek yogurt, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, almonds and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble, divide chicken mixture, kale, cranberries, apples, pecans and grapes into four wide-mouth canning jars with tight-fitting lids.*
Pint-sized jars are great for individual salads but quart-sized jars can also be used for larger quantities.
These jars will keep for 3 to 5 days.