This Sugar Free Flourless Chocolate Cake is a chocolate lover’s dream. It’s the ultimate chocolatey, rich, decadent, sugarless, flourless chocolate cake you’ll ever make! Best Valentine’s Day dessert ever!
PREP TIME10 minutes
COOK TIME25 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME45 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 cup ( 128 grams) sugar free chocolate chips – I like to use Lily’s no sugar added chocolate chips or ChocZero no sugar added chocolate chips. The point value is the same for either brand.
- 1/2 cup light butter- I use Land o’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 3/4 cup zero point white granulated sugar sweetener – I use Lakanto monkfruit baking sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder-You can find Dutch process cocoa powder at your local grocery store-near the regular cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tsp espresso powder, optional. The espresso powder enhances the chocolate’s flavor. If you use 1 teaspoon it will simply enhance the chocolate flavor, while 2 teaspoons will lend a hint of mocha to the cake.
- 1/2 cup ( 64 grams) free chocolate chips. I use Lily’s or ChocZero no sugar added chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray an 8-Inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut a piece of parchment to fit the bottom of the pan. Place it in the bottom of the pan and spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Put the sugar free chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat until the butter is melted and the chips are soft, about one minute.
- Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Continue cooking in increments of 10 seconds at a time and stir.
- Add the sweetener, espresso, and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and stir until smooth. Then add the dutch process cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Important TIP: Don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes before loosening the edges of the pan with a knife.
- Carefully turn it upside down onto a cake plate or serving plate. The bottom of the cake will now be the top of the cake. Let the cake cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate ganache.
- Combine the chocolate and cream in a medium microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave, and stir until the the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. If it needs to be melted more, continue cooking in increments of 10 seconds.
- Spread the chocolate ganache glaze evenly over the cooled cake.
- Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour before serving. This allows the ganache to set up and it gives the cake a nice fudgy texture.
- Cut the cake into 12 even slices. Note: the servings are on the smaller side-but trust me-this chocolate cake is rich and decadent-it will satisfy you chocolate cake craving!
- Garnish with powdered sugar and raspberries, for additional points. This flourless chocolate cake is also great with cool whip or a low point vanilla ice cream.
Makes 12 slices
5-6 personal points per serving without the chocolate ganache
6-7 personal points per serving with the chocolate ganache
GREEN: 8 smartpoints per serving*with the Chocolate Ganache 7 smartpoints per serving without the garnish
BLUE/PURPLE: 5 PersonalPoints™ per serving*without the Chocolate Ganache or 6 smartpoints with the Chocolate Ganache
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days! This tastes even better the next day!
- Freeze for up to 1 month. Wrapping the cooled cake in foil or store in an airtight freezer container.
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use.
The Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener has a 1:1 ratio to real sugar. If you use a different sugar substitute you will want to use the equivalent to real sugar that is recommended on back of the sugar substitute package.
- Point value does not include optional toppings.