Shrimp Fajita Ingredients:
- 1 lb. large cooked or raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 green pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 red yellow pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced-optional
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small mixing bowl combine all seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- Rinse the frozen cooked or raw shrimp and pull the tails off each shrimp.
- Place shrimp inside of a large zip lock bag. Pour fajita seasonings over the shrimp in the large zip lock bag. Seal bag and shake all ingredients together until the shrimp is well coated.
- Deseed and slice the peppers and onions.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray. Spray the tops of the veggies with non stick cooking spray.Place the sliced onion and bell peppers onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and add the shrimp directly to the sheet pan with the vegetables. Spreading the shrimp out evenly over the all the vegetables.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven for another 7-10 more minutes. If using raw shrimp-increase the cooking time to 15-20 minutes to ensure they are full cooked.
- Remove from oven. Stir gently to allow the seasoning to combine with vegetables and shrimp.
- Drizzle lime juice over the top, if desired.
- Serve on top of a low point tortillas, over rice, cauliflower rice, or as is.You can substitute the shrimp for 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken tenders for the same point value. Increase the cooking time to 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- You can substitute the cooked shrimp for raw shrimp if you prefer. You’ll want to increase the cooking time to 15-20 minutes to ensure they are full cooked.
- These shrimp fajitas can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to a month. To thaw-place in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe can be divided into single size serving containers along with 1 cup cauliflower rice or 1 cup frozen Trader Joe’s cauliflower stir fry rice for an easy meal prep meal. Then when you are ready to eat just cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add non fat plain Greek yogurt or non fat sour cream, avocado or salsa.
Makes 4 ( 1 and 1/4 cup) servings
0 Points® per serving