These Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are light, perfectly sweet with a cinnamon sugar streusel topping-the perfect coffee cake muffin recipe for only 2 smartpoints!
PREP TIME8 minutes
COOK TIME18 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME12 minutes
TOTAL TIME38 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Pancake Buttermilk Mix, Gold Medal all purpose flour, or King Arthur Gluten-Free Baking Mix for gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup zero point white granulated sugar substitute- I use Lakanto Classic or Baking Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 cup zero point brown sugar sweetener – I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water or unsweetened cashew, almond, or soy milk
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour or King Arthur Gluten-Free Baking Mix for gluten free
- 4 tsp regular white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp light butter- I like to use Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup regular size muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or line muffin tin with foil liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the pancake mix or flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the egg, vanilla extract, unsweetened applesauce, almond milk, and white and brown granulated sweetener. Whisk until just combined.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until JUST combined. TIP: Over mixing the batter will cause the muffins to be tough, bake unevenly, create elongated holes, and/or form peaked tops.
- Scoop batter evenly among prepared muffin pan. Fill each one a little over halfway full.
- For topping: combine the flour, regular sugar and cinnamon. Cut the soft butter into the mixture-start with 2 tsp of butter and add more if needed until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 teaspoon over each muffin.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Let them cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 regular size muffins
2 SmartPoints per muffin