yield: 12 WONTON CUPS
- ¾ lb uncooked 95% lean ground beef*
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned kidney beans
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
*if you choose to use 99% lean ground turkey breast instead, each chili wonton cup will be 2 SP on the Weight Watchers Freestyle program
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. Lightly mist 12 cups in a standard muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the ground beef in a medium skillet and bring to medium heat. Use a wooden spoon to break it up into small pieces as it cooks. When the meat is breaking up and almost browned, add the onions and the garlic and stir together. Continue to cook another few minutes until the meat is browned and onions are softened.
- Add the kidney beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, salt, cumin and cayenne to the meat mixture and stir together until well combined. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Push a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the sprayed cups in the muffin tin. Using about half of the chili mixture, spoon evenly into the wonton wrappers. Sprinkle about half of the shredded cheddar evenly over the top of each cup. Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layering steps with the remaining chili mixture and shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until the wontons are golden brown and the contents are heated through. Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the tin.
MYWW SMARTPOINTS PER (1 WONTON CUP) SERVING: (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Green: 3 SmartPoints/ Blue: 3 SmartPoints/ Purple: 3 SmartPoints
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
3 per cupcake (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER CUPCAKE:
124 calories, 13 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 11 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)