This Lightened Up Eclair Cake is lightened up version of an old fashioned icebox cake with layers of graham crackers, sugar free vanilla pudding, and sugar free chocolate glaze. This is an easy no bake dessert recipe-perfect for any holiday or family gathering!
PREP TIME15 minutes
ADDITIONAL TIME8 hours
TOTAL TIME8 hours 15
- 2 (1.5 ounce) packages instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen light or fat free whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 ( 14.4 oz.) package low fat graham crackers-I use Honeymaid low fat Graham crackers
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips- I use ChocZero milk chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk or skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- In a medium bowl, combine the instant pudding mix and milk. Whisk until smooth. Fold in cool whip topping.
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the bottom with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking some if necessary to cover the entire pan.
- Pour half the pudding mixture over the crackers and spread evenly.
- Top with another layer of crackers.
- Pour the remaining pudding mixture over the second layer of crackers and top with a third layer of crackers.
- In microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips, light butter, vanilla and skim or unsweetened almond milk.
- Microwave until chocolate has melted in 20-30 second intervals. Stirring between intervals.
- Carefully spread the melted frosting over the top layer of graham crackers.
- Place in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve cold/chilled.
- Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
Smartpoints: GREEN/BLUE/PURPLE: 4 smartpoints per serving
Note for substitutions:
- You can substitute the homemade frosting for 1 cup Pillsbury sugar free chocolate frosting, melted.
- You can substitute the skim milk for vanilla premier protein