Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Serves: 12 4SP green, 3SP blue & purple, 3PP
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup milk *I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp lily’s dark chocolate chips
- 3Tbsp peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12 hole regular size muffin tin.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and add in the sugar. Stir in the applesauce, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, you can use any chocolate chips it just might alter the points, 3Tbsp of lily’s is 7SP.
- Divide batter evenly over the 12 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl melt the peanut butter in the microwave, I do it for about 35 seconds, you want it thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter on top of each muffin, use a toothpick or similar to swirl the PB around, it will start to harden so do this process quickly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes.
- Muffins are best stored in the fridge after day 1 and they will freeze well.
- *Note- you can substitute powdered PB if you’d like, the points for the regular PB I used is 8SP
NotesSmart Points- green- 4 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- blue & purple- 3 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info… Calories 103…Fat 4.2g…Sat fat 1.5g…Carbs 14.1g…Fiber 1.9g…Sugar 2.9g…Protein 4.3g.. Using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients