PREP TIME:15 mins COOK TIME:50 mins TOTAL TIME:1 hr 5 mins YIELD:16 SERVINGS COURSE:Breakfast, Brunch CUISINE:American
3 points for all WW program( blue, green, purple)
This blueberry banana combination goes so well together and makes a super moist bread. Using lots of very ripe sweet bananas allows you to cut back on the fat without sacrificing the flavor and texture.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour, or Bob’s Redmill AP GF blend
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter (or DF Ghee), softened
- 1/2 cup 4 oz light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 8 x 4 loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, and beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until combined, do not over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries and pour batter into the prepared loaf pans; bake in the center rack for about 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
Serving: 1slice, Calories: 98kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 87mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 13gBlue Smart Points:3Green Smart Points:3Purple Smart Points:3Points +:3