This Skinny Banana Bread is perfectly sweet, buttery, and very flavorful. Perfect for a side dish, breakfast, or even as a dessert!
- 1 1/2 cup self rising flour (I use Gold Medal)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas, medium-large
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Golden Sweetener)
- 3 Tbsp white sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Sweetener)
- 2 Tbsp. Land o’ lakes made with canola oil light butter melted or 3 Tbsp of unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray bread pan (9×5 or 8×4)or a 12 muffin tin with non stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl add bananas and use a fork to mash well.
Whisk in the egg, vanilla, brown sugar and white sugar substitute. Stir well.
- In a separate bowl combine, self rising flour, baking powder and soda. Stir until well incorporated.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients as you stir. Before the two are completely incorporated add in melted butter. Stir just until barely combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX. (The number one tip is to not over mix or it will ruin the texture)
- Pour into pan and bake for 30-45 minutes or (18-20 minutes if making muffins) or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 12 slices or 12 muffins
2-3 personal points per slice or muffins
- You can substitute the self rising flour for: wheat, gluten free flour, almond flour, or all-purpose flour however; you’ll want to add an additional 1/2 tsp of baking powder so the texture is on point.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3 days, in the fridge for 5-7 days, or the freezer for up to a month.
- The point value can differ depending on the sugar substitutes you use.
It is VERY important to not over mix the batter-otherwise the texture will be off. Just mix until the wet ingredients have been incorporated with the dry ingredients. Then pour batter into prepared pan.If making them into muffins decrease the cooking time to 14-16 minutes.
- If you use unsweetened applesauce it will save you one additional point. However; I love using the light butter made with canola oil rather than the unsweetened applesauce- it gives the banana a creaminess that you just don’t get from the applesauce!
- The Lakanto Monkfruit Golden Sweetener (sugar substitute) that is used in this recipe is zero points. Please keep in mind-the point value can vary depending on the brand of sugar substitute you choose to use.