Purple: 2SmartPoints® value per serving
Total Time50 min
Prep15 min Cook15 min
These orange madeleines are little, beautiful, elegant French butter treats that pair deliciously with sorbet. They’re shell-shaped cakes, crisp around the edges with spongy insides. You’ll love the melted chocolate that’s drizzled over, which makes them especially decadent. Technically, madeleines are baked in special molds with scallop-shell-shaped indentations; if you prefer, you can bake mini muffins from this recipe if you don’t happen to own madeleine molds.
Powdered sugar (confectioner’s)
2 Tbsp, melted
½ fl oz
½ oz, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 12-shell madeleine pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, whisk egg until foamy and pale yellow. Whisk in sugar, butter, and liqueur, then stir in flour and orange zest.
- Spoon 1 tbsp batter into each shell of madeleine pan. Bake, rotating pan halfway through cooking, until golden, about 8 minutes. Let madeleines cool in pan on wire rack for 1 minute. Remove madeleines from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- In microwavable bowl, place chocolate. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth, about 11⁄2 minutes. Using small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cooled madeleines.
- Serving size: 1 madeleine