These Weight Watchers Strawberry Banana Muffins are perfectly sweet-packed with fresh strawberries and bananas-let’s be real-who doesn’t love the combination of strawberry and banana? These muffins will be devoured by your entire family!
Author: thepounddropper.comPREP TIME10 minutesCOOK TIME18 minutesADDITIONAL TIME7 minutesTOTAL TIME35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour * see notes for substitutes
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or skim milk, unsweetened coconut or soy)
- 2 Tbsp zero point brown sugar substitute -I use Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 3 Tbsp zero point white granulated sugar sweetener- I use Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberries, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, unsweetened almond milk, white and brown sugar sweetener, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour and mix until just combined. Be careful DO NOT over mix the batter-otherwise the texture and taste will be completely off.
- Then fold in the chopped strawberries, mixing until well combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into 12 muffin cups filling.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
MAKES 12 REGULAR SIZE MUFFINS
GREEN: 2 SMARTPOINTS PER MUFFIN IF USING EGG WHITES OR 2 MUFFINS FOR 3 SMARTPOINTS
BLUE/PURPLE: 2 SMARTPOINTS PER MUFFIN OR 2 MUFFINS FOR 3 SMARTPOINTS
- Feel free to substitute the all purpose flour for gluten free flour. If you are looking for a low carb option-you can use Almond flour. Another otpion would be using Kodiak Pancake Buttermilk Mix for added protein. Keep in mind the point value may vary depending on the brand of flour or ingredients you use. I like to use Gold Medal all purpose flour for this particular recipe.
- Storing leftovers: let the muffins cool completely before storing. Store muffins in an airtight container and place a paper towel over the top of the muffins. The paper towels will soak up the moisture. Store on the counter for up to two days, up to a week in the fridge, or freeze for up to 2 months.